2381 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE BladeSystem C7000

hasan1
Frequent Visitor

HPE BladeSystem C7000

Hi 

We have an issue with HPE BladeSystem C7000 , i will explain what happened with us about it to help you know what is the issue, first, we installed 2 of HP VC Flex-10/10D 10Gb Switch Module
But didn’t worked together because each one has a different version, the first one with version 4.50 and the second is 4.63, so we decided to do an upgrade so they became both with same version to be able to use them both together, after doing the upgrade the issue happened, the BladeSystem not keep disconnecting the ping response and the vc too keep disconnecting and connecting so it’s not stable and we can’t even open it in the browser, we did factory reset to the BladeSystem but nothing fixed still same issue.

3 REPLIES 3
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi @hasan1 ,
     I need some clarifications.
1)  Now both VC modules are in same firmware version ? what is the version ? 
2) Is the only one blade server having an issue or all the servers are facing same ?
3) After you logged into the OA, are you getting any error related to Virtual connect or blade or otherwise ? Please post if any.
4) Please verify the firmware of other components such as OA, blade system etc. and recommended to update them to latest version.

Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

hasan1
Frequent Visitor

@shiva_jr Hi ,Shiva_JR

We have 2 vc modules with same version 4.85 but the issue is not here, we figured theres an option turned off called "Virtual Connect Mode is currently: Disabled"
i think this is what stop the vcm from running, but still didn't figure how to enable it
problem

Regards,
Hasan

shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi @hasan1 ,
   This post may help you .
Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo