5768 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Lun migration plan from XP array to 3par

Niyi_2
Occasional Contributor

Lun migration plan from XP array to 3par

Hi All,

We are looking at migrating some Luns on xp24000 array to 3par  storage. We have HP-UX in this environment. What will be the best way to approach this apart from using the mpx200 solution? Has any  one  experience with this?

Thanks.

Ade

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

No experience with this, but how about a data transfer via the OS? Consider to use vgmove or just mirror your data from one array to the other.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
LVSsanman
Occasional Advisor

Yes, the the best way we found to do this was to simply shut apps and copy data from the XP volume to the new 3PAR volume. A timely methid but very reliable.

dpx
Frequent Advisor

may i know which fibre switch {i mean vendor} did you use for it? - at the moment, i am facing a problem because of Cisco MDS switch bug -Cisco Bug: CSCuz66833 which is not allowing 3par to communicate with lagacy storage and hosts environment.

Ashoka_R
Occasional Advisor

We have Online Import utility which can be used to migrate data from XP to 3PAR array. This requires license on the 3PAR array.  HP-UX hosts can be migrated with minimal downtime 

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

Agree with @Ashoka_R. The 3PAR Online Import Utility is free I think for 180 days.  Here's a link to the product page