1748145 Members
3451 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: storage In-box upgrade

abeer
Occasional Contributor

storage In-box upgrade

If we have EVA4400 in a site, can we upgrade in a box to any storage with cache 32GB?
Alo if we have a storage 3PAR F-class, is there any technical upgrade metjod to T-class to increase cache?
8 REPLIES 8
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

For EVA 4400 there is no possibility to increase the Cache. The way is to get it upgraded to EVA8400 with 22GB Cache Model that is max for EVA Models.

For 3PAR, I think F and T are different arrays and upgrade may not be possibel from F to T. I am not very sure and lets see if any help on this!!!
abeer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response...

Is there anyone that could help for 3 Pars storage?
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

do you need data or control cache?

Depending on you need you can buy one or more of the following parts:

HP 3PAR 4 GB (2 x 2-GB DIMMs) F-Class Control Cache QL232B
HP 3PAR 6 GB (3 x 2-GB DIMMs) F-Class Data Cache QL231B
HP 3PAR Upgrade 4 GB (2 x 2-GB DIMMs) F-Class Control Cache QL330B
HP 3PAR Upgrade 6 GB (3 x 2-GB DIMMs) F-Class Data Cache QL329B

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
abeer
Occasional Contributor

I need total cache for data and control to be 32GB expandable to 96 GB cache, I need to find solution with competitive price against Fujitsu DX440S2, so the question is shall I propose the F-class then upgrade to T-class by changing modules , adding cache or something (I need innovative solution)
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

an four noce F400 can hold up to 12 GB of control and 24 GB of data cache. So if 32 GB control and 96 GB data cache is a mandatory feature, then you have to go to an 8 node T800.

I don't think that you can compare a 3PAR T800 and an Eternus DX400. The latter is a dual (active/ active) storage. From a technical point of view I would prefer the T800. Much better system.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
abeer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Patrick for your response,

I know very well that we can't compare T800 with DX440S2, because T800 is dual active/active array that's why it is clasified as high-end storage rather than DX440 which is in mid-range arrays. But the problem here is concerning the pricing I'm trying to find a solution that gives customer now 32 GB cache then he can expand cache according to his needs to 96GB cache that's what given buy either DX440, so I'm trying to find a new "innovative" solution
abeer
Occasional Contributor

Does HP have a solution like FAST (Fully automated storage tiering) Cache on any line of its products?
Cavailhe
Advisor

Hello

3PAR F-class & T-class are similar. Each node (aka controller) has a dedicated Control Cache and a dedicated Data Cache.
From hardware side,  cache are size fixed.
However from marketing side to compare between storage arrays, a lot of manufacturers shows a huge cache but really the cache is cutted in different functionnality.

For example: a F200 has two nodes, with 8GB Control Cache and 12GB Data Cache but from marketing side you can see 20GB Cache. with the same principle a T400 with 4 nodes  has 64GB cache and a T800 with 8 nodes has 128GB Cache

Now, you have more with P10000 annoucement

Regards