All About the Apps
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mobility Leadership – keys to success from mobility experts

‎04-25-2014 04:19 AM - edited ‎09-07-2015 09:00 PM

I know many of you are focused on leading your enterprise mobility efforts and are like Mike Jennett, Director, Enterprise Mobility Deployment Program at HP IT, and are spearheading a mobile revolution in your organization.   When I listen to Mike describe the challenges he faces, as an IT leader and champion of enterprise mobility, I appreciate the the importance of leadership. On the topic of mobile leadership, my friend Bryan Coapstick, Director, Mobile Innovation with HP Enterprise Services, just published a great blog “What it takes to be a Mobility Leader”, where he shares his perspective (as a mobility leader) on what it takes:

In summary:  Users, Users, Users.   He says “don’t try to wrap them around your systems, but, instead, wrap your systems around them. Don’t make assumptions, but instead work hard to understand what they need and expect.  Be willing to adapt to an evolving culture and to their ever-increasing demands. The key is to put them at the center of everything you do.”

His post reminds me of what blogger Brian Katz, in a recent video chat calls the ‘FUN” principle of mobile design – “Focus on User Needs”… and here’s one of his recent blogs on the importance of users.

The bottom line is for you to be successful as a mobile leader, you need to check your priorities and make sure that the business apps you’re building are designed to deliver value to your users.  Remember that it’s a user-centric world out there. If you don’t meet the desires of your users, they will find someone that will.

Also, to wrap up, I want to congratulate my friend Bryan and the rest of the HP ES team on their recent IDC ranking. They were ranked as a leader by the IDC MarketScape Mobile Application, Development, Testing, Management, and Infrastructure Services 2014 Vendor Assessment.  Check out the details in Bryan’s excellent blog post.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter @HPAnywhere, at the Apps for Mobile Blog, and of course on Pronq, where you can even take our cloud based beta Enterprise Mobile Management platform,  HP Anywhere SaaS (beta) for at test drive.

0 Kudos
About the Author

JohnJ_1

Events
Aug 29 - Sep 1
Boston, MA
HPE Big Data Conference 2016
Attend HPE’s Big Data Conference on August 29 - September 1, 2016 to learn from peers in every industry and hear from Big Data experts and thought lea...
Read more
Sep 13-16
National Harbor, MD
HPE Protect 2016
Protect 2016 is our annual conference on September 13 - 16, 2016, and is the place to meet the world’s top information security talent, discuss new pr...
Read more