4517 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ES45 not booting: Display says SROM PCI 0 INIT

Ashkan Abtahi_1
Occasional Advisor

ES45 not booting: Display says SROM PCI 0 INIT

Hi,

Any help will be appreciated on getting me to be able to boot this box.

I have already:

1. Reseated memory and cpus

2. Disconnected scsi cards and storage

3. Changed keyboard and mice

What else can I try????

Thank you

Ash

3 REPLIES 3
Bob Blunt
Respected Contributor

If you're getting that message on the "front panel" and your reseating hasn't helped then I'd be forced to call for field service.  Those messages at the front panel are, generally, before the actual console starts and, in general, more primitive in nature.  If you haven't tried it already you might removing everything from the PCI backplane and see if you can get past that error but I'm not promising anything.  BUT, if you do get past it, try adding stuff back into the PCI one giblet at a time to see if it stops after one particular piece of hardware.  You might also look closely at the PCI slots to see if any of them look like they're compromised or if there's any foreign material in there.  If you have spare slots and removing components helps you might try putting things in other locations...unless your configuration is required to be cast in stone.

bob

Ashkan Abtahi_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Bob... Yes.. the message is on the front panel. I will try what you suggested and report back.

Ashkan Abtahi_1
Occasional Advisor

no success.  I removed all cards and re-seated cpu and memory.  Any other ideas out there?

SROM PCI 0 INIT... is it cpu related?  is it mb related??

thank you