108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP4200 - Driver settings won't stick

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA777098
Occasional Contributor

HP4200 - Driver settings won't stick

When a driver is installed on and deleivered, via the HP4200 applicance the settings are not maintained. We have a lot of trouble with the "Mopier enabled". The problem seems to be random.
2 REPLIES 2
Manfred Weber
Regular Advisor

If I understand the problem there are two ways to set printer settings:
- first local settings on the workstation: the settings cannot be changed if the user is not an admin of the psa, if the user is an admin, the settings should be set for all users
- second in the network neighbourhood the psa admins can change the settings
An unprivileged user cannot change neither global nor local printer settings and will see only standard settings (i. e. here for an NT4 workstation the user couldn't see installed options!). This is a real problem, because this user can only change settings for example in word for one priont job including error messages (i. e. tray 3 not installed if I try to use tray 3). Let's hope, this bug will be fixed in the next firmware release.
Brian P James
Solution

This relates to inconsistent Printer Handle access from Samba. Samba have just released ver 2.2.4 - with a number of fixes in these areas. Our work on a Linux server system suggests to us that these problems are now fixed in Samba 2.2.4
We believe that an upgrade of the Server Appliance to this latest Samba would resolve your problem.