1753502 Members
4730 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems joining PSA 4250 to win2k domain

john_752
Occasional Contributor

Problems joining PSA 4250 to win2k domain

I've read through a number of posts regarding this issue, and am still having troubles getting my PSA 4250 to see our win2k domain.
1. In the same subnet/vlan
2. Using DNS, no WINS runs on our win2k domain. Would like to keep it that way.
3. Set user "Everyone" in the "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access" Group.
4. Have entered all network info per manuals/instructions.
5. Tried creating computer account in default Computers OU.
6. Using domain administrator account to try and create the machine account also.
7. Interesting thing is that we have 2 of these units on our other campus, and both of those joined right up the first time, part of same domain, using the same default settings.

Does anyone have any additional ideas or clues as to what might be going on here? Thanks...
4 REPLIES 4
CA1276929
Advisor

Re: Problems joining PSA 4250 to win2k domain

I'm having the same problem connecting to a Win2003 domain, but able to connect to a WinNT domain.

Have you had any success since posting this problem?

Regards
Pete Darton
GKN Aerospace Services
Manfred Weber
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I didn't have such a problem with a W2k domain. It may help sometimes to look into the diagnostic report to see, if the domain controllers work. If you configuered automatic discovery, than use manually setting, and test ist with the diagnistic report. By the way, I have WINS running on the AD integrated DNS servers.

Regards,
Manfred
matthew dearden

Have you had any luck with this issue? I have two PSA 4250s in a win2k AD scenario. The first is on a VLAN where the domain schema masters reside running DNS, manually specifying domain controllers and not using WINS. This one joined up to the domain fine no problems. The second is on a remove subnet with 100Mb connectivity but it will not join the domain even if i speciify WINS as the DNS servers and manually create the account in AD. I keep getting "Failed to create NT domain machine account (420)" error on the PSA and even though I follow the advice it still fails. Is there an issue with PSA not being able to accept routed packets? Does it use a protocol that my CISCO routers are dropping? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Manfred Weber
Regular Advisor

If the Cisco router will drop packet, you can look onto the router via console or via telnet to see the log files. My PSAs are in the same network as the WINS/DNS servers.
Regards
Manfred