New Discussion юеВ

Telnet/SSL on PSA 4250 / file system description

SOLVED
Go to solution
Manfred Weber
Regular Advisor

Telnet/SSL on PSA 4250 / file system description

Hello,
is there any chance to start a telnet / ssl session on a print server applianc 4250 (J7941A). I've read about a dongle. Where can I get such a part.

Helpfull would be also a description of PSA file system. Starting backup, I've got an error message telling me "no space left on device", while the diagnostic report tells about 1 % disk usage. Clearing the event log doesn't help.

Thanks in advance
Manfred
2 REPLIES 2
BR803914
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Telnet/SSL on PSA 4250 / file system description

This dongle is only used by HP Engineers in rare circumstances; it's not available nor usefull for end-users. You can't Telnet into a PSA either.
The problem you describe could be caused by a malfunction in firmware 2.5.137/139. Update to 2.5.143 asap. If disk space is already too little for that then you have to phone HP Support (because the next steps are too extensive to describe here).
Manfred Weber
Regular Advisor

Re: Telnet/SSL on PSA 4250 / file system description

Hello Jaco,
thanks a lot. I now try to set up a new PSA with all printers from the old one. And than I will rename thie new PSA to the old and the old to a new name. So I can update the firmware, hoping not to loose configuration data (backup is'n possible at all). If it fails I will start again doing a factory reset before updating the appliance.

The better way to handle such a problem is to free up the disk space. I can't understand, why this is not possible if I do this on my own risk.

Regards
Manfred