1748282 Members
3987 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sa1100 default

Sean_71
Occasional Advisor

sa1100 default

My sa1100 today finally stop working the machine will not boot, no display what so ever.

I have managed to get the drive and mount into onto another linux server /mnt partition and there seems to be loads of files missing i really don't what has happened. I have kind of hoping somebody my have a virgin image they could make avaiable through ftp.

If not i will have to see what hp say on monday

Thanks for any help offered
who dares wins
10 REPLIES 10
Gregg_6
Advisor

same thing happened to me today. It stopped working completely. All it says on the lcd is 0109
Can anyone help?
Craig Jungers
Occasional Advisor

The SA1100 has all of its files in a backup partition (/emergency). You can restore all of these to the root directory and there is even a set of instructions how to do this on the HP support web site. I can't go look it up for you now but it entails logging in using a serial connection. It will not restore your user files (or passwords) however. The other method, since you have the drive mounted, is to copy over the subdirectories in /emergency to the root directory (make sure you keep the ownerships and permissions intact).
Sean_71
Occasional Advisor

This was not an option as there isn't any output on the serial connection. Anyway HP replaced the disk.

Now I need some help to make an image, I want to copy the original 9gig disk, and move it on to a 72gig disk. Anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this. I was thinking of partitioning the new disk and making an ext2 FS on them. Then I will use ghost to do a partition to partition copy.

Has anyone else successfully created a new image onto a bigger disk?

If anyone can help I am prepare to make the image available for ftp. It seems in order us to get any updated pkgs we will have to do it ourselves, there are so many security exploits in these old pkgs its a joke, shame on HP.

Another option is to find the script that is used to update software page and change it from FTP.HP.COM to redhat ftp site. Or maybe installed up2date binary and get it to update all the pkgs.

But in order to experiment I need to know I have a fresh virgin image I can just restore hence the need for the group to make one available.

who dares wins
britt_2

I have a virgin image from a INS1010 that I can make available on FTP. I am wanting to try out the HP software and see which one works best for me.

B
Sean_71
Occasional Advisor

Hi Britt

I love a copy

email the ftp server ip to XXXcomputershop@blueyonder.co.uk remove the XXX.

I nearly have finished creating a new images you are welcome to download when i have finished

Sean
who dares wins
Gregg_6
Advisor

Yes, please send me information on how to download the image also.
Thanks.
meloni
Honored Contributor

hi,
the SA1100 support by default mirroring, just add the second disk and select "disk mirroring"

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=tis09163

marino
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
CA1026494
Occasional Contributor

Britt -

PLEASE reply to prophet_5@hotmail.com with your email address.

I need that original boot image, since my server is stuck in 'LI' mode, and nothing is getting me past it.

I've tried to make a rescue disk, but I've had no luck, and I'm hating life badly without my website.

I've had to move my websites to a Windows box, which has me terribly nervous.

If anyone (ANYONE!) has a way to help me, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. I'm counting on the Open Source community here.

Dave
Gregg_6
Advisor

Have you tried restoring it? The SA has an image of the original default configuration, you have log in via serial connection to use it if I remember correctly.