Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BPM console issue

Frequent Advisor

BPM console issue

[ Edited ]

Hi Experts,

Not able to open the BPM console in the BPM machine or for that matter on  any machine I tried. We had the latest JRE on the each machine.

Can you please through some light, what might be the reason?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum to Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum - HP Forums Moderator

Trusted Contributor

Re: BPM console issue

Hi Sivabac,

Are you refering to the business process monitor software?

If so, i think you could get a more suitable reply if you post it in their product sub-forum. This subforum is for Operations Manager for Unix.

Let us know wihch product you are using.

Alex Herrera
OMU support
TSIA Certified Support Professional (Chris Reed)

HP Software values your feedback regarding your overall Support experience. Contact us at or my manager directly.

Valued Contributor

Apparently, BSM has a problem with java7-21.

Wouldn't be surprised if this applied to BPM as well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi sivabac

Are you trying to connect to the console from within BSM or directly from the BPM machine itself?

If from BSM, could you try to RDP to the BPM machine, then try opening up http://localhost:2696? If that works, then it's most likely a FW issue between your BSM machine and your BPM machine (allow communications from your BSM machine to your BPM machine over TCP port 2696).

If you can't even reach the console from the BPM machine itself though, it might be something a bit trickier. Before we go down this route though, I think first try the above and see how it goes. Hopefully it is just a FW rule that needs sorting out.