Do you mean 

Question re: OML to BSM/OMi integration

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Occasional Advisor

Question re: OML to BSM/OMi integration

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate your thoughts on the following:

1) I would like to recreate tools that exist in OML, in BSM/OMi.  I've looked through the OML Integration Overview manual, as well as the BSM User Guide, and I see nothing pertaining to the ability to export/import existing tools.  Am I correct in understanding that any tools that exist in OML, must be manually recreated in OMi?

2) Where do I go to associate the tools with users?  Based off my readings, I thought I should be going to the following module:  Admin --> Users and Permissions --> User Management --> <select user>:<permissions>:<context>.  However, I fail to see where I can provide the ability for the user to launch a specific tool

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
HPE Expert

Re: Question re: OML to BSM/OMi integration

1. Yes, you are correct.

2. Permissions are assigned to tool categories, not to individual tools. So assign your tool to a certain category, and then grant the user permission to execute tools in that category.

2 REPLIES
HPE Expert

1. Yes, you are correct.

2. Permissions are assigned to tool categories, not to individual tools. So assign your tool to a certain category, and then grant the user permission to execute tools in that category.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much Dmitry!