Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SiteScope URL monitor POST data

Frequent Advisor

SiteScope URL monitor POST data

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the POST ability of the URL monitor.

I know it is useful for filling in form data if you use the variable:value format. But is it possible to just post raw data to a URL using the "POST data" box? I have a URL that is waiting for a POST and will throw a NullPointerException and give a 500 error if nothing is posted to the URL. I've successfully used the Chrome tool, Postman, to get a 200 response. Even posting random, raw text data will give me back a 200. However, whenever I try this in SiteScope I still receive a 500 error.

How does the SiteScope POST method work, and is there some in depth documentation? Is there a simple way I can simulate posting raw data without using the Custom monitor?

5 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: SiteScope URL monitor POST data

Hi,

What is content type you're trying to post, is it XML (to make a SOAP request maybe)?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Frequent Advisor

I've used Postman to send raw text, xml, json, and html and they all give a 200. Form data gives a 500 error. Which is what SiteScope sends I believe.
Highlighted
HPE Expert

SiS can post only text/html. Are you giving correct variable names?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Occasional Advisor

Hi Kenneth

I'm trying to post an XML as request body to make a SOAP request and receiving the same 500 error. However, when use fiddler to POST the same data it works. I get status code 200.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how we can POST XML data in sitescope.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shashwat Shekhar

Occasional Contributor

Hi,, 

I am trying to use the URL tool with a URL that generates a streaming json response. It is having errors right now. I'm thinking if the custom monitor will be able to get the json response data or are there any other HP tools that can be used that is easier? (preferably can send the data to HP BSM if not I'd also like to know which one). 

Thank you.

Kind Regards, 

Charmine