Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Login wasn't permitted". BSM 11.20 admin login error

Highlighted
Advisor

"Login wasn't permitted". BSM 11.20 admin login error

Hey all,

I've got BSM 11.20 installed on two servers (one GW and one DP) and had it working fine until i stopped the services and ran the configuration tool to change the admin password. Now when i try to login with the admin user (and I am 100% sure of the changed password) i get the following error:

Has anyone had this problem before ?

Cheers ;)

7 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: "Login wasn't permitted". BSM 11.20 admin login error

CORRECTION: BSM version is 9.21
Valued Contributor

Hello Travis,

Based in your description of change password process, I think that you changed the JMX password.

To change admin password in BSM, you need to go to 'Admin' menu (logged as admin), then 'Personal Settings'. In 'User account' tab fill the password fields with old and new passwords and click in 'Apply' button.

HTH,

Paulo

“The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.”
Bertrand Russell
Regular Advisor

Hi,

We're actually seeing this error now in our Staging environment on BSM 9.13. I don't think the JMX password change is it. When I type in a "wrong" password, it gives me a proper message. When  I type in the correct password, I get this same error. Was there ever a solution identified?
Thanks,

Stephen

Frequent Advisor

I m also facing the same issue.when i m logging in i m getting the message 'Login wasm't permitted.Please contact your HP Business Service Management administration'

i did not find any solved post for this

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Hi,

Can you share some more information on the problem, such as BSM version, authentication strategy (e.g. LDAP integration or BSM authentication), any recent changes to your BSM?

Regards,

Tim

AK2
Occasional Contributor

Any body has a solution for this error, i m also facing the same issue 

Advisor

What is the JMX option for isMixedAuthenticationModeEnabled in the following URL

http://<GatewayFQDN>:29000/mbean?objectname=Foundations%3Aservice%3Dusers-remote-repository

If it is false, set it to true and try logging in again.