Around the Storage Block
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP Labs Innovation at HP Discover

‎12-26-2013 06:56 AM - edited ‎02-26-2016 12:30 PM

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpgBy Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy  vexpert 2012 logo.gif

At HP Discover 2012 in Frankfurt, I met Martina Trucco and did a really fun video with her where we talked about things going on in HP Labs.  Martina is also the managing editor of the Innovation @ HP Labs blog

I think the video rose to the top of the minds of the guys in the video crew in Frankfurt because they shot video for 2 1/2 days with the camera pointed in the same direction for over 50 videos they did.  Someone on the team who knows I'm a bit "adventurous" came to me and suggested that we could do the video with Martina sitting on a roof so the video guys could point the camera in a different direction. 

I reached out to Martina before we left for Barcelona to see if we could do another video and while the setting wasn't sitting on a roof, I was able to get together with her so she could tell me about an Innovation Theatre session she hosted with several leaders from HP Labs.  We didn't have a video crew for this video - I actually shot the video and did the editing.  I also was at the Innovation Theatre session and grabbed some video from that as B-roll I used in this video - so check it out!

The Innovation Theatre session The Future According to HP Labs is now available on hp.com. They show a Moonshot proto board that has 4 processors, 16GB of Memory, and 500GB of NV memory - in the size of a credit card! Check it out - the discussion will blow you away!

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE for 32 years, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Comments
on ‎12-27-2013 08:01 AM

Great video!  Love it!  Innovation and trying new things is the key to future business success!

on ‎01-14-2014 01:46 PM

It was so fun meeting up with you again to do a video together, Calvin! Looking forward to next time and thanks for always being such a big fan of HP Labs!

on ‎01-15-2014 03:50 PM

@Martina - always my pleasure.  So easly doing interviews with you!

@Jonathan - be sure to watch the HP Discover session Martina hosted.  It is great!

Labels
Events
Aug 29 - Sep 1
Boston, MA
HPE Big Data Conference 2016
Attend HPE’s Big Data Conference on August 29 - September 1, 2016 to learn from peers in every industry and hear from Big Data experts and thought lea...
Read more
Sep 13-16
National Harbor, MD
HPE Protect 2016
Protect 2016 is our annual conference on September 13 - 16, 2016, and is the place to meet the world’s top information security talent, discuss new pr...
Read more