Around the Storage Block
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

More on MSA 2040 and replay of webcast with David Scott

on ‎05-13-2013 10:57 PM

CJZ headshot.jpegBy Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy  vexpert 2012 logo.gif

Earlier today (ok, really yesterday now), we announced the new MSA 2040, the 4th generation of the very successful MSA family.  I think the ChalkTalk I did, which I'll include again in this post, is a good high-level overview and you definitely need to check it out if you haven't already. 

But I was getting a few questions on Twitter about getting more technical details on the MSA 2040.  We won't have those details to share until June - but I did get an early look at the QuickSpecs and wanted to share a few things from it with you.   Note that the new MSA 2040 won't be available to order for about a month.

Here is what the MSA 2040 Small Form Factor (SFF), Large Form Factor (LFF), and rear view with two SAN controllers installed looks like.  

Slide3.PNG

Here are a couple of charts that have some of the higher-level specs.

Slide2.PNG 

Slide1.PNG

Hopefully these few bits of information help you and will hold you over until the complete QuickSpec is online  - if there is other specifications you want to see, leave a comment and I'll try to grab them.  Here's also the MSA 2040 Data Sheet that also has more details.

I also hosted a webcast today with David Scott, Sr. VP and GM of HP Storage along with Mike Stinson, VP at Insight Direct, an HP Channel Partner.  We had a great conversation about the challenges that small and mid-size business face and we talked about the announcement today.  That is available on-demand at hp.com/go/SimplyStoreIT

Finally, I want to be sure you see the ChalkTalk on the MSA 2040 - feedback I saw on Twitter and from folks at HP was really positive so check it out! 

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE for 32 years, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Comments
David Royston_1
on ‎05-14-2013 10:43 AM

How soon are we going to see SAS, iSCSI, or 10GBe/40GBe products based on the MSA 2040

on ‎06-18-2013 01:45 PM

Hi David,

You can expect 10GbE iSCSI in futrue release, there is no ETA as yet.

Ankit

Labels
Events
Aug 29 - Sep 1
Boston, MA
HPE Big Data Conference 2016
Attend HPE’s Big Data Conference on August 29 - September 1, 2016 to learn from peers in every industry and hear from Big Data experts and thought lea...
Read more
Sep 13-16
National Harbor, MD
HPE Protect 2016
Protect 2016 is our annual conference on September 13 - 16, 2016, and is the place to meet the world’s top information security talent, discuss new pr...
Read more