Around the Storage Block
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Video highlights from Microsoft Management Summit

on ‎04-17-2013 05:04 PM

CJZ headshot.jpegBy Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy  

If you read my blog recently, you know I was at Microsoft Management Summit last week.  I brought Andy McCaskey (SDRNews.com) and Jeffery Powers (Geekazine.com) to help with a live stream webcast we did.  We did a couple of interviews every hour and ended up with a lot of great information.  Andy and Jeff have been hard at work on the videos and are posting them as fast as they can and I wanted to share a few of them with them with you.

Hands-on-Lab Serverquarium powered by HP

First is a look at the Serverquarium.  This is the HP Cloud Solution for Microsoft that powered the Hands-on-Labs.  I just got some of the "metrics" from the Hands-on-Labs and they're impressive:

• 15,758 individual lab sessions
  • 48,549 VMs created
  • Maximum concurrent VMs during the week 8312.  This was across 30 blades servers so 277 VMs per blade!

I don't want to steal the thunder from the video - we were able to move over to the Serverquarium for this so check it out!

HP Storage for Microsoft

The second interview is with Parissa Mohamadi; Parissa is our Microsoft Solution Manager in HP Storage and I talked with her about a new reference architecture we have around HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and System Center SP1.  Here's that discussion with Parissa.

You can get more info on HP Storage solutions for Microsoft at hp.com/storage/windows. And be sure to check Andy and Jeff's websites as they post more of the videos from MMS2013!

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE for 32 years, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Comments
on ‎05-16-2013 05:18 PM
  • How much storage is being used right now?
  • Who is using it and what it is being used for?
  • How much storage will be necessary to support the business?
  • www.bsharpsystems.com/storage.html
Labels
Events
Aug 29 - Sep 1
Boston, MA
HPE Big Data Conference 2016
Attend HPE’s Big Data Conference on August 29 - September 1, 2016 to learn from peers in every industry and hear from Big Data experts and thought lea...
Read more
Sep 13-16
National Harbor, MD
HPE Protect 2016
Protect 2016 is our annual conference on September 13 - 16, 2016, and is the place to meet the world’s top information security talent, discuss new pr...
Read more