Around the Storage Block
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Virtualization and HP 3PAR

on ‎03-11-2013 08:00 PM

CJZ headshot.jpegBy Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy  vexpert 2012 logo.gif

I was searching YouTube - actually, I got a Google Alert and found this YouTube video from Paul Haverfield.  Paul is a Principle Technologist for HP Storage in Asia Pacific and was a guest on an ATSB podcast a bit more than a year ago when he helped me understand the HP 3PAR SPC-1 results.  This YouTube video I found is a really good discussion talking about virtualization (or as he spells it "virtualisation") and the architecture of HP 3PAR StoreServ and is a good follow-up to the ChalkTalk series I started last week.  The video is a bit more than 20 minutes long but is well worth your time if you want to learn more about the HP 3PAR StoreServ portfolio. 

I'm off for a meeting with a number of colleagues in Boston and probably won't have time to blog the rest of the week but I'll be back next week.  Have a great week!

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE for 32 years, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Comments
nate
on ‎03-20-2013 04:11 PM

Where's the 7xxx series SPC-1 ! I had a reliable source tell me "soon" back in Nov/Dec ..

if your short handed and need some help running it I'd be happy to try to help Smiley Happy

I think I know what the results would be but that doesn't stop me from being curious to see the official results along with the costs of the configuration.

on ‎03-21-2013 11:44 AM

Well, looks like you need a new source!

Ok, maybe not.  I don't know details of when things started or any delays along the way but in Boston last week with the team and I heard its coming, very soon.

Labels
Events
Aug 29 - Sep 1
Boston, MA
HPE Big Data Conference 2016
Attend HPE’s Big Data Conference on August 29 - September 1, 2016 to learn from peers in every industry and hear from Big Data experts and thought lea...
Read more
Sep 13-16
National Harbor, MD
HPE Protect 2016
Protect 2016 is our annual conference on September 13 - 16, 2016, and is the place to meet the world’s top information security talent, discuss new pr...
Read more