108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Having trouble with MSL 6060 Library

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ilya P
Occasional Advisor

Having trouble with MSL 6060 Library

After upgrading to firmware 05.13 it looks like an autoloader is experiencing troubles with drive 0. I.e. when my Brightstor r11.5 software starts the library inventory after reading 5-10 tapes a message on the MSL 6060 LCD is shown - "Tape fetch error". In the meantime the tape is ejected from the tape but the robot can't pick it up to place it to it's original slot. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
CA713937
Honored Contributor

Ilya,

What firmware where you on previously? Can you downgrade back to that version and see if the problem goes away?

There is another forum posting with perhaps similar errors:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=981956

I'm talking with the engineering team with regard to this.

What drive type do you have, and is this direct connect SCSI or in a SAN (with a router)?

Can you provide all recent FSC (fault) codes?
The journey IS the reward.
Ilya P
Occasional Advisor

David,

I was running firmware version 5.07 prior to upgrading to 5.13. There are two FSCs logged if the library is in trouble: 3015 and 3074. It appears that the tape does not eject correctly. Runing calibration tests migh result in shutter error. Library has two 460 LTO2 drives - direct attach SCSI. There are more details available under case 1209528650. Last Friday HP Russia replaced the drive which was causing problems, so I will see how it goes.

Thanks,
Ilya
Ilya P
Occasional Advisor

David,

obviously, replacing of drive did not fixed the problem. See the library trace attached.

Tape is stuck in drive 0 of the library (MSL6060) and the robot can't pick it up.

Ilya
CA713937
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ilya,

I appreciate the additional information. It is possible that the firmware algorithms in 5.13 for positioning are having problems on certain units in the field. Can you downgrade to 5.07 (or 4.30) and see if the problem goes away?

Engineering would also like an LTT support ticket if you could collect that (www.hp.com/support/tapetools). If you zip it, you should be able to attach it (or I can provide you with an email address).
Ilya P
Occasional Advisor

David,

thanks for a prompt reply. I'm trying to downgrade to 5.07 however can't upload it to FTP, otherwise LTT prompts me for a password.

Find attached LTT support ticket.

As ever,
Ilya
CA713937
Honored Contributor

Ilya,

Send an email to ltt_team@hp.com with my name in the subject header and I'll send you an LTT password.

(And thanks for the ticket - I can open it fine).
CA713937
Honored Contributor

For those having problems with intermittent robotic problems using 5.13 and earlier firmawre, the 5.18 version of firwware (plus the 5.16 improvements) may help you out.

Here are the customer advisory links:

5.18:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00797822&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

5.16:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00631596&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

HP StorageWorks L&TT is the suggested tool for updating your MSL firmware (www.hp.com/support/tapetools)