1748028 Members
5185 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

trying to acces NSR 1200 on MSL 6000

daedro
Frequent Advisor

trying to acces NSR 1200 on MSL 6000

Hi, im tying to acces a NSR 1200 on MSL 6000 but i dont know the ip, i reset de card and i know that by default there is a DHCP active, some body know how can i find out the ip address of the card to access, i tryed too, to acces by serial cable but without exit.

thank you in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: trying to acces NSR 1200 on MSL 6000

Hi!

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg29075/lpg29075.pdf

Did you check out the manual for the NSR 1200?

See page 93 for the settings required (115200, 8, 1, none, xon/xoff).

If it's done by DHCP maybe you can find the IP it gets through the DHCP server or through the DNS?

It also says in the same document that  "The default IP address of the router is 1.1.1.1"

Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

you should be able to access from the serial port as it is the way to set the ip address.

out of that, you can check on your dhcp server log, for the ip assigned to the router,

or you can try a ping "router" and see what it the ip address returned after the resolution

the default name is "router" so if nobody chaned it, you may get access using that method

daedro
Frequent Advisor

hi Johan thank you for the response, I did all this things exactly like you tell me in your post, but doesnt work, there is a way to reset the card to let it to factory defaults? there is some app so i can to obtain the ip directly connecting my laptop to the NSR by cross cable, thanks

Johnc_3
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I've had a lot of trouble connecting to these NSR's in the past.

The first thing to check is that the cable is the correct one.  A quick check is to look at the number of connections on teh RJ-11.  If it's only 4 then you have the wrong cable; it should be 6.  I've attached a diagram of the pinouts for this.

There is a factory reset button - I've never seen it documented anywhere but I know it's the hole next to the power LED; use a paperclip to hold it in for ten seconds.

Hope this helps,

John

------------------
Kudos gratefully accepted - How to assign...
daedro
Frequent Advisor

Thanks John,

could you please give me the part number of the serial cable to acces to NSR.

thank you

Johnc_3
Trusted Contributor

I've found a couple of P/Ns for this cable:  300576-001 & 259772-001.

I had a cable made up for me using the cable pinouts detailed in the diagram I previously posted.

Good luck.

John

------------------
Kudos gratefully accepted - How to assign...
Eric_de_Lange
Frequent Advisor

One comment: the part number I have quoted comes from the MSL6000 Service Guide and specifically is for the NSR.

-Eric