BackOffice Products
1752788 Members
5914 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Audio & Cable Modem Problems

Audio & Cable Modem Problems

I don't know if any of you have heard of this before, but I have an audio problem where whenever I use any type of sound for over around
10-15 minutes my sound soon goes choppy then just shuts off. I have a
cable modem and notice that when I unhook my cable modem that the sound
works fine. But with the cable modem in this problem persists. I think
there is some type of interference between the audio and cable modem. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but you guys have given me help before.

7 REPLIES 7
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Have you checked the resources and drivers for both devices ? It may be, that they share the same interrupt. Try to set the interrupt of the sound to IRQ 7. At the moment it may be IRQ 11 together with some other devices.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"

Sorry it didn't work... They don't have the same IRQ number, and they won't let me change it anyways, anyother suggestions?

Any other suggestions?
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Still thinking about it.
Did you try to install the sound card into an different pci slot ?
What about the cables from teh cdrom to the sound card ?
Cables of cable modem and sound card close together ?
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"

How do I install it into a different slot?
Mark Fenton
Esteemed Contributor

Is your cable modem in internal, connected by USB cable? or Ethernet?

Sounds like a system board resource conflict -- interrupt or PCI conflict.

To install the sound card in a different slot, (assuming there is a card, and not built in sound) Turn your computer off, open the case (if it's under warranty, don't do this, have the service guys that support your warranty do it), locate the sound card, remove the retaining screw. Carefully remove the card from its slot, find another slot of the same type and plug the sound card into it. replace the screw.

Turn your computer on and restart.

hth.

Mark
James D. Booe
Advisor

If there is no other solution, Most cable modems have 2 user ports: 1 usb, 1 10/100baseT. I would add a network adapter, get it configured properly, and use that port on the modem. I don't have anymore problems with my cable modem now.
Have fun
What service may I provide for you?