1752650 Members
5507 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Exchange Management Console won't connect - urgent

Michael Sillers
Trusted Contributor

Exchange Management Console won't connect - urgent

I've been haunted by this for several days and is also preventing me from getting a backup so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

When I open the Exchange Management Console and try to connect to local or any Exchange server, I get the error:

"The following error occurred when retrieving user information for 'domain/administrator'

Starting a command on remote server failed with the following error message: The WinRM client cannot process the request. It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer. The content type is adsent or invalid."

I get a similar message after the "Connecting to" in the Exchange Management Shell.

I've search the web and tried numerous things to do with iis kerberos and ApplicationHost.config. When I attempt to connect to the powershell virtual directory in IE, I get a 500 error about "C:\inetpub\custerr" not being allowed and to use a relative path instead.

Please help - Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Michael Sillers
Trusted Contributor

Re: Exchange Management Console won't connect - urgent

I just resolved this on our server by renaming (as opposed to deleting) the web.config file in c:\intepub\wwwroot directory then issuing the iisreset command in a cmd prompt.

After a week of trouble, I can now fix the original problems that brought this to light.

Answer came from here...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2472818/500-19-error-in-iis7-when-an-error-occurs