1748169 Members
4138 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP email digests archive

Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

HP email digests archive

Is there an archive of the previously issued HP email digests available online? I've been able to find the security bulletins, but nothing else.
8 REPLIES 8
wagley 2 10-18
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP email digests archive

Hey Tim,

We do not have an online email digest archive today. What day and what area(s) are you looking for?

How many people would benefit from an online HP email digest archive?

Regards,

Shayne
ITRC Forums Administrator
Hewlett-Packard
Live the moment and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.
Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

The HPUX Tech Tips Digest used to be distributed on the 15th of every month. The last regular issue I received was on 12/15/99. For a while I thought that it may have been discontinued. The other day (Sep 28) I started to receive them again. Was it sort of 'out of print' from January up until now? If it was not, I'm looking for all within that period.

I typically read the weekly patch notifications religiously. This became somewhat of a habit during the Y2K thing. But occasionally one or two seem to find their way to email jail. If this happens, I'm sort of stuck. I don't often refer to them after reading, but occasionally I have a need to perform a search on the folder that I archive them to. How much others use them is a ?
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Shayne & Tim:

Now that Tim mentions it, I recall the same. I was in the habit of saving the digests too. Seems to me there were often some good, esoteric tips to be had. Like Tim, I just got one "out-of-the-blue" during the last month.

I personally like the tips. They're a great little piece of free training. An HP archive of them would be just one more nice feature.

Regards, Jim.

...JRF...
wagley 2 10-18
Frequent Advisor

Tim & Jim-

Our lab has arranged for the Digests to be sent BACK out to both of you tomorrow. Please let me know if you receive the digests.

Thanks,
Shayne
Live the moment and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.
Mike McKinlay
Honored Contributor

Shayne -- is there a website location for these? Thanks ...
"Hope springs eternal."
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Digests, tips, free info....hey how do I get in on this????

wagley 2 10-18
Frequent Advisor

HP generates a variety of digests to keep you informed about HP products and patches.
If you would like to subscribe to this mailing list, access the IT Resource Center on the World Wide Web at:

http://us.itrc.hp.com/

Login using your IT Resource Center User ID and Password. Then select Support Information Digests (located under Maintenance and Support). You may then subscribe from the appropriate digest.

Regards,

Shayne
ITRC Forums Administrator
Hewlett-Packard
Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

Shayne answered the HPUX digests location before I could get logged in (the login server is dreadfully slow today). There is another good place to look at for OpenView, printer and pc announcements, etc. See http://www.hp.com/go/smartfriend