Your questions about the HPE Support Center website
1748038 Members
5098 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Is it me or is HP support really bad now?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

How BAD?

Very bad specially if you are not on Titanium (or whatever else is the holiest of support contracts) SUpport Plan.

Lately we've been encountering just a sheer pandemonium and confusion on HP's support:

- lost logs and data sent
- sometimes FE would show on site not knowing what to do
- wrong parts sent
- analysis systems used by back end sometimes are not accurate (i.e. our PA8900 CPU sniffed by their systems as a PA8600!)

And here's what really sometiems keep my blood boiling:

You call the 800 number to Follow up on a case. You hit Option 3. Punch in that "Case Number" and you're supposedly routed to the approriate team. And lo and behold - HP Human on the other end greets you with a "How can I Help You Sir"! I sometimes would jokingly tell them with - "Yes I want lots of Pepperoni and Cheese and I want the crust to be not too well done"! ;^)

What is the use of punching in the case number if it's not EFFICIENTLY USED!? I would have expected the support person on the other end to greet me with --- "May I know your Name Sir? I see that Case Number 12345667789 is currently - blah blah blah and I have the case history on my screen.."

But NAH.. the HP person will continue to ask you a litany of questions as if HP has no record of the case...

Another thing, ISEE. SOme of our P24 and Titanium Support Systems have ISEE monitoring in place. When you call in - the Back Line Engineer does not seem to have access to ISEE data - which again results in INEFFICIENCIES! The adnmin is again asked to send in the details of the issue whic ISEE should already have forwarded to HP!

I do not care where my call is handled or if it is a Kumar, Juan, Nguyen, James, Chang or McElroy who attends to my case. As long as it is efficeintly handled and INFORMATION flows through efficeintly amongst HP's backend and front end teams!

Hakuna Matata.
James M. Dunn
Frequent Advisor

Nelson,

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out answer.

10 points!

hhahhaha.

JD
erics_1
Honored Contributor

I've sat back and nodded my head with much that's been said in this thread. First, let me preface this by saying there are many outstanding backline engineers still with HP...if you can get to them before pulling your hair out in frustration.

SW calls have been logged with not even an initial response for days. Other calls are worked by engineers who have no direction on where they're going to fix the problem. It's a big fishing expedition until you request they escalate the call.

I just spent 45 minutes trying to reopen a HW call (warranty) that was not resolved yesterday but closed anyway. We have to open a new call. So I explain what's wrong. I even tell them I need someone onsite to run ssconfig to fix a machine ID. I'm told I don't have SW support on the system (ugh!). The admin in the next cube from me is laughing as he can hear everything. We're both ex-rce's. What we get now is a far cry from what customers got several years ago.

My guess is that today's inexperienced front line people will start moving to backline in the next few years, supplanting the veteran back line folks which we rely on now to get problems fixed. A new crop of inexperienced front line people will take their place and all support will have moved out of the US and Canada for good.

For us, unless it's under HW warranty, we have dropped all HP HW support and went with a 3rd party for less than half the price. We get spare parts on site and have access to phone-in support 24X7.

We dropped all SW support except for those systems which are DP cell servers. Most of our calls are for DP. We'll open T&M calls for other systems as needed. This way, we'll only pay for what we use and we'll start out with a backline resource when logging T&M calls. We essentially went from having phone-in support on 10 systems to all of our systems (~100).

I've brought concerns to our contract admin, the regional customer service rep and emailed Mark Hurd several times last year. We've received sincere apologies but none discussing what will be changed to fix the existing problems. I don't blame them. Their hands are tied. But we'll no longer pay for this mess.

Fix the problems and we'll start bringing support costs back to HP. I customers are paying a lot of money to fund HP's training exercises. We'll no longer contribute.

My $.02
Eric
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

It's the company as a whole that it's to blame. They have different teams of outsourced people with very little training a no communication between them, and their IT systems are an example of how not to do things.
- If sometimes you provide a case number and the support rep cannot get your company or case details, it's because they are not there. HP "archives" (=deletes) cases after 3 months.
- If you send and e-mail and get no answer or callback is because that e-mail got lost. The stupid e-mail system they use to send things to the cases fails 30% of the time.
- If support rep cannot find your contract or carepack details it's because the search by serial number fails like 20% of the time.
- If support rep takes too much time to lookup something it's because they are connected though maybe a 256 kbps line for a whole building and after clicking a page takes 30 seconds to load.
- If a part or CE is not dispatched on time is many times because the incredibly-slow hyper-complicated fill-case-details-three-times dispatch system is down again and for half the day nothing can be dispatched.
- If a part gets delayed or appears on the wrong place could be because they have 5 differet ways of dispatching, and they are changing the procedures every month.
- If you can't find a driver it's because HP "Drivers and software" page is a complete disaster since last October and nobody seems to care about it. They rush new models though the door without drivers, firmware or proper manuals available.
- Support has been outsourced in many countries, and has been such a failure that they have cancelled plans to do the same on other countries.
- People on L1 support are not HP engineers, are not trained by HP and some of them are still finishing university studies. It's a miracle that something get's done right.
Maros Podstupka

If you think that HP doesn't provide propper support to your company, it's partially your fault as well. If you're the one responsible, you should enforce the quality of the service you pay for by escallating the particular issue, you're not satisfied with.(If you're not, then you should notify someone who is) I'm sure after clarifying what exactly do you expect you would manage hp to give you support your business needs.
Andres_13
Respected Contributor

I think the outsourcing is the keystone here, because people that doesn't work directly to hp really does not offer 100%. Thus and The fact that leaflet with a huge bureaucracy inside HP (yes i really do not believe that the client must share the blame because first HP has not apropiated feedback channels) have made the service considerably decresed.
Brian M Welch
Frequent Advisor

I'll just say that out here (Central Valley, CA), Our ASE and area CE's are phenomenal. Quick response times, and robust communication. I'll admit, phone support is a different world, but working with the HP reps in our area has been nothing short of outstanding.

Sorry to hear of your issues..
Josh Buechel

I'm a former Mercury user. Mercury support was great until HP started getting their hands into it. Now they created their first full HP version of the performance software and it's riddled with bugs. Their level 1 support is just shy of an automated spam bot sending solutions via email. We now have script readers in India that are less capable than a four year old to try to carry on an intelligent conversation for our support. Good job HP! How about you pay real American's real money, support your own country and quit using labor that is just shy of the slavery that is built into the products found on Walmart shelves.
James M. Dunn
Frequent Advisor

Josh,

Script readers!

Perfect!
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

I think that HP support is great. However, I have had these guys close a call on me b/c something wasn't right in a part number, serial number, etc.

Other than that, I think they're doing a good job. If you think that they are a problem - try Metalink! Now that's non-service!
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett