Communications and Wireless
1753774 Members
7109 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HNW-200 IPAQ USB Wirless & 2.4GHz Phones... drops connection

ModemMike

HNW-200 IPAQ USB Wirless & 2.4GHz Phones... drops connection

My HNW-200 usb wirless adpater drops it connection whenever my 2.4 GHz cordless phone is in use or ringing... I had tried all of the different channles on my wireless access point and the latest driver with no success.
3 REPLIES 3
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Re: HNW-200 IPAQ USB Wirless & 2.4GHz Phones... drops connection

Hi,

I'm afraid you won't be able to fix it : you use the same channels ! The only solution should be to turn to 5 Ghz band for one of your equipment, which implies to change it... By default, your HNW-200 listens to all frequencies on the 2.4 Ghz band, even if you change the default one, to adapt to echoes on the signal...

Bad news...

J
You can lean only on what resists you...
ModemMike

That is bad news... I need to rid myself of my 2.4 HGz phone anyway... seems that my 900MHz phone works better (sad but true). What I can't explain is why my other wireless NIC's (network interface cards) work fine... if anyone ever works out a cure for said behavior please email me at: michael@mydisneyworld.com
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Could just be that your other NIC sticks to its determined frequency... 900 Mhz offer less bandwidth, but is also less influenced by false positive (less rebounds at that frequency range)...

J
You can lean only on what resists you...