1748145 Members
3617 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP NCU NFT reports Failed Rx Path

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP NCU NFT reports Failed Rx Path

I have a dl360 g3 with a NFT comprised of both HP NC7781 and NC7170 interfaces. It constantly reports this failed (Rx Path) error regardless of what cable, switch port, or server interface I have in the team. I've ruled out switch port, NIC, and cabling. Any ideas? I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling the NCU.
16 REPLIES 16
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hey James,

Basically it means that the Port is not getting the hearbeat frame for some reason.

Whats the model of the switch?
Can you send me the switch config?

Updating the NCU will be a good idea, try version 9.10

Regards,
lmm

I'm going to try upgrading the ncu this weekend. Our switches are hosted by another company so we can't get the configs. All ports on the switch are in the same VLAN and I've tried multiple ports and cables with no luck.
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

After the update please send a network survey. From Command prompt, type as follows:

hpnetsvy >filename.txt

Rgds,
Lmm

Okay, I changed out the cable, switchport, and removed/upgraded the NCU to 9.2. I ran diags on the interface that the NCU said was failing and all the tests passed without incident.

I attached hpnetsvy output that I obtained from that server.
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

So you still getting the Rx path failure?

Have you try to recreate the team?
Lieven Verdonck
Frequent Advisor

I also have the same problem (Rx Path Failure) on the NC7170 when I turn on NFT and activate the trunk on the switch (Nortel 5510). Anyone who can shed more light on this?
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Are you using Nortel Multilink Trunking? If so, then those 2 ports on the trunk should be conneceted directly to the server and then force the team to SLB, then you will get TX/RX on both channels, it could be also wrong cable, even a port.

rgds,
lmm
Lieven Verdonck
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I use Nortel Multilink trunking. The switch is a stack of three switches, I put each cable in a separate switch of the stack (for redundancy).

Is there any reason why I should/can not use NFT? It is sufficient for what I am trying to achieve and less trickier than SLB.

Thanks for your reply!