Communications and Wireless
1753797 Members
7852 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP tx1000 internal wireless card disappeared

Vasu Jonnadula

HP tx1000 internal wireless card disappeared

I have the same issue as posted by many people. My hp tx1000 laptop wireless card disappeared. I tried to restore factory defaults. Tried to download the driver updates from HP website nothing works.I could not see the wireless device in the device manager. All of this started 2 months back. This laptop was purchased in 2007 august.
5 REPLIES 5
Giorgioo

Yr wifi is not gonna get back, yr computer may die in a few weeks like mine did and thousands of other people!!!
Kennedy G. Doss
Regular Advisor

My TX1000 too had the same issue a month or two after the warranty expired. My wireless card vanished. The machine does not come back after it hibernates. Like a thousand other postings in this place, looks like HP is not going to do anything about it. Consider that you lost 1000 odd Dollars on this. :(
OverIT

I have the exact same model, the tx1000, and the same problem occured. I had seen so many posts about the problem that I just went ahead and purchased a wireless USB adapter. I went to install it, but first decided to completely uninstall Norton Internet security... chose the completely romove all norton components option, and then restarted my computer when it was done. I was about to pop in hte CD for my new adapter to begin to install it when I see... POOF!! There's my wireless card again. Magically I am connected to the internet. I don't know how long it will last, but it's a miracle anyway.
stevecook78

Hi, thats the model I have... I have just posted how I fixed mine.
(Not exactly the same issue ie I could still see my card, it just did nothing) but it might be worth a look once you have exhausted other resources.

Its pretty much at the top of this section of the forum called -

"My wireless issue resolved..."

(Sorry, not sure how to link to other threads yet...)

Hope this helps.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>stevecook78: My wireless issue resolved, not sure how to link to other threads yet.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1407453