4853 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Help on finding the equivalent HPE products

Aneta_Deliu
Contributor

Help on finding the equivalent HPE products

Hello,

Please may you help me on finding the equivalent HPE products of these Cisco products:

1. Cisco 5508 Series Controller for up to 50 Aps

2. Cisco Aironet 2702i Access Point802.11a/b/g/n/ac

3. Cisco 1000BASE-T SFP/GENet RJ45 H-Swap

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: Help on finding the equivalent HPE products

Hello,

How about - 

1. Aruba 7005 controller - up to 64 AP's - but to be honest I would look at the "Instant" AP's with their Virtual Controller architecture unless you need some of the additional security features or options that a hardware controller brings (support for Remote AP (RAPs) for instance).. 
  2. An Aruba 205 or a 225 - they are both Wave 1 AC - Wave 2 models start with a 3 ;-) - depends upon how big a reach / how much performance you need - IAP versions most flexible as you can use as
    1. standalone,
    2. virual controller cluster or
    3. under a controller as above. 
  3. Depends on which switch as the Comware OS switches tend to have different pluggable modules to the (formerly Procurve) Aruba-OS ones. Have a look at the Quickspecs (google is your friend)  for say the 5130ei series and say the 2920 Series of switches they will each have a listing of supported compatible transcievers including the RJ45 version. 

Please use the Kudos & Solved buttons to let others know if this post was helpful. 

Many thanks

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me