1748252 Members
3882 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Internet speed is very slow only onmy HP dc7600

Gerry Martinez
Occasional Advisor

Internet speed is very slow only onmy HP dc7600

I have an HP dc7600 that has extremely slow internet download speeds. I've updated the broadcom gigabit ethernet drivers to the latest version but it's still extremely slow (~1Mbps), I was about to call my cable company until I noticed that it is only on this machine. I have 3 other machines and they are all 15Mbps+ on the same connection. The main difference I can tell is that this machine is Vista Home Premium and the others are all XP Pro. I ran a benchmarking test and it came bakc with a relatively good 4.5 for whatever that's worth. I ran a tracert to yahoo.com it everything seems reasonable. Even my uplink is good, it's just the downlink for whatever reason is slow on this machine only.

I changed the ethernet cable and connected directly to the cable modem and the speed is unchanged.
2 REPLIES 2
Thisbejoe7
Advisor

Re: Internet speed is very slow only onmy HP dc7600

I have the exact same problem, I even tried swapping hard drives between two identical machines and its exactly the same behavior. These are XP Pro machines on a 20MB FIOS connection, I am lucky to get slightly over 1MBps on these. Other machines are 19M. I've updated drivers, tried everything I can think of, its just slow. Could it be the onboard NIC? Maybe adding a network card would fix? I am definately annoyed by this.
Thisbejoe7
Advisor

Re: Internet speed is very slow only onmy HP dc7600

Adding a network card does not fix the issue. I am going to try a different switch just to make sure, but I have other Pcs on this switch that don't have this issue, its only my DC7600 machines.