108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAT DHCP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jason Baird
Advisor

NAT DHCP

Is it possible to use a different DHCP server for NAT'd clients instaed of using the embedded one in the 700wl? I am trying to use my own internal DHCP to give out DHCP addresses.
6 REPLIES 6
Jason Luckett
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jason,

Are you trying to acheive the allocation of REAL IP addresses rather than using the internal NAT (42.0.0.0 allocation) to wireless clients ?

If so this can be done with a little bit of configuration which 700wl's are you using ?

are you using 720wl AC and 740wl ACS (745wl new ACS) or are you using a 760wl IAM ??

If you can let me know which you are using I will let you know how to configure REAL IP allocation.

regards,

jase
Jason Baird
Advisor

I am using the 720/740. I am trying to achieve giving out 42.0.0.0 addresses that are separate from our private network. I am trying to get wpad info to our clients.

Jason
Jason Luckett
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jason,

you won't be able to control the IP addresses allocated to the wireless clients as these are allocated by the AC├в s(720wl) and NAT overload takes place, so that these machines can communicate on the domain.

If you wish to communicate between clients for IP based applications or require remote desktop support, you will have to use the REAL IP allocation.

This will also give you the ability to use an IP Address range/subnet for your private network and another IP Address range/subnet for your wireless network. then interoperability between both can be controlled or they can be left separate.

Which private IP addressing scheme do you have configured ?

Are you using VLANS ?

Are you using Wired and Wireless access through out the whole network ? Who uses what ?

Are the ACS├в s and AC├в s on the same site or do you have a distributed WAN solution ?(ACS├в s on one site and AC├в s distributed to remote sites)

Regards,

Jase

Jason Baird
Advisor

I have actually decided to acheive a similar result by not using a redirect to guest login but to just grant authenitcated the right to access the internet. Pushing the WPAD file to private clients didn't seem to work too well. According to the documentation public and private clients (guests and private devices) cannot be guaranteed to work together on the same vlan. Thanks for all your help Jase.

Jason
Jason Luckett
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi Jason,

Not a problem, please can you find time to assign points to any person who assists with problems.

many thanks

Jase
Jason Luckett
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jason,

Many thanks

Jase