Communications and Wireless
1753776 Members
7394 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pavilion TX1000 Wireless Card Vanish !!!

rmohal
Occasional Advisor

Re: Pavilion TX1000 Wireless Card Vanish !!!

Same here. HP has asked me to send the laptop to them for repair. It is an hardware issue. Cost of repair is 300 bucks because it is out warranty. There is no problem with wifi card as i have tested it by replacing the card with a brand new card. It is differnt story now that I have to return the new card as if was of no use.
DAMN!!

kdenilson
Advisor

i contacted local HP in Hongkong. No reply.

I fill in online form in HP saying that I am from Hongkong. They transfer my case to Taiwan and Taiwan technician said updat driver, bios, all shxt things. Lastly, they said they need to seee the labtop becoz of hardware issue. Then they told me to contact Hongkong.

I email to labtop_en@support.com.hp, people from north america reply me that they know my concerns but TX series is not problem in their list. They cannot help anymore. Then they said I should find local HP.

HP really so care their customers. HAHAHAHA what a joke.
angomg

Here too, I have a tx1220us, it worked fine for 16 months and this week wireless just dissapear, it doesn't list anywhere, I have it working with linux for last 10 months. I have a Win XP partition and sometimes wireless comes back but in linux nothing seems to bring it back, it just is not there.
I have had cheaper laptops than this one working fine for years, this problem should be fixed by HP without charging anything, they sell this laptop with a hardware flaw. I will be calling support at least to increase the amount of reports on this model.
rmohal
Occasional Advisor

They admitted to me that it is a hardware chipset issue. Wireless card is alright. I am shipping them the laptop without hard drive. it is costing me lot of money.
Not applicable

They admitted to me that it is a hardware chipset issue. Wireless card is alright. I am shipping them the laptop without hard drive. it is costing me lot of money.

So that's what they said it was "hardware chipset issue? I shipped mine out already.. there probably going to switch it out with another motherboard and it will break 2 weeks later lol
kdenilson
Advisor

anybody can help me ?

i email to HP all over the world. they told me to find local. i talk with local manager for long time. but they force me to goto repair center and give $ for repair (becoz out of warranty) . What can i do now ?

i am really upset because it is definitely a defected production from HP !!!

who can help me ?
Not applicable

Has anyone returned there laptop 3 times or more and HP offered them a replacement laptop yet? Because I sent my out last week (TX1000) waiting for it to come back however reading some of you post.. people are having the same problem when they got there laptops back... just curious if HP actually replaces the laptop with something new/referb... Thanks.. good luck people with these piece of crap laptops! =)
JSU_1

I own a Pavilion tx1000 and my wireless went from blue to red exactly 3 days after my warranty expired. How convenient for HP. Without internet access I was stuck using tech support via phone. But, of course, before I could speak with someone I had to pay $49. Tech support acted like I was the first person with this problem and made me go through a few exercises├в update BIOS, remove and then replace wireless card, etc. and then completely restore my computer. Stupid me believed them and spent the past 48 hours backing up and restoring my computer├в when I called tech support w/ a question about the restore process the guy told me that I only paid to ask questions about my wireless problem and I could not ask questions that were not directly related to the wireless issue. I called back hoping for a nicer tech support person but got a sales pitch to purchase other HP items, and when I called back again to speak with a different person I got another sales pitch. Fourth call├в ┬жI was told I need a new wireless card and I could buy one through HP or go to Best Buy. I went to Best Buy today and the guy at Geek Squad said that the part I was told to buy is only manufactured and sold by HP├в I don├в t understand why HP tech support sent me to Best Buy! My latest call-- demanding a refund for the $49 for wasting my time and money. I bought a Linksys USB wireless adapter so I can at least access the internet now├в ┬жhow do I figure out what is wrong with my wireless???
carlos andres cortes n
Occasional Advisor

Eventually your comp will die, don├в t waste money on a new wireless card. Read all post
C Roper

Same problem with me since this morning 28/10/2008. Mine TX 1220us bought in USA thirteen months ago. Used as a spare laptop in my Lisbon flat probably used 30 hours since new.
Symptoms
1. Turn on computer all lights on ok. Hard drive noise & light on for a couple of seconds.
2. The blank screen!
3. Fan running all else ok
(Checked power supply removed battery etc but no joy!)
Like all the rest of us I was shocked to see the common HP Tx1000 problem on this forum thread & the lack of interest from HP technical support.
Anybody else out there with same problem please join this thread to exert pressure for a solution