Communications and Wireless
1752374 Members
6457 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Wireless won't turn on

brianzilla

scratch previous post. problem is back..
John Wesley Johnson

Update your bios to the latest version. Go into CMOS after Bios update and make sure that LAN is ENABLED, SAVE and restart. Should fix your your problem.
InMyOpinion

Ok, Here's the scoop on the dead wireless button light. I just fixed mine and this is how I did it on my HP ZD8000.

You need to go into the bios and reset the bios to the default setting.

To do this restart your computer and hold down the F10 key to get into the bios.

Now use the arrow keys to get to the last tab on the right. In that tab you will find three options one of them will be "reset to default" or "default settings" ect. Depending on your bios. select that one with the arrow keys and click your "enter" key.Select "Y" for yes and click enter again Now select "Save Changes and exit" and click "enter" key. Select "Y" and hit the enter Key again. after your computer fully restarts the wireless button should begin functioning.
DJ Johne

Just had the same problem with my HP Pavillion dv6 (18 months old) and read all the threads on this site.
Found my answer by restarting my laptop, then switching off with the power button right away and lo and behold the blue (wireless) light came on - problem solved!
Thanks for the clues you guys!
kelly Fitzpatrick_1

Hey, Inmyopinion person it worked!