Communications and Wireless
1753368 Members
4935 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: motherboard problem in my dv6000

susan husary

motherboard problem in my dv6000

i sarted having problems in my dv6000 two month after the warrenty ended also it refuse to start up.it was working great all in a sudden it turned off and refused to start up again ,i spoke with hp tech they said it's software and then they wanted me to pay for me to speak to one of there tech. over the phone to diagnose the problem .and i refused to pay and then i took my laptop in to repair they told me it's motherboard and i'm not the only one with same problem.
2 REPLIES 2
Goran Hedlund

I know the problem with the motherboard is common on the pavilion dv2000 family and the two we have in the family have had their motherboard changed. I myself have a pavilion dv6000 and it has not had any such problem but it could also depend on the serial number as some dv6000 have been granted an extended warranty.

On the site "HP Instant Support Professional Edition" you can see, if you run a test, whether your computer has an extended warranty. The link to the site is

http://h20278.www2.hp.com/HPISWeb/customer/SelfHelp.aspx?region=NA&Acheck=

and use Internet Explorer as Firefox is unable to download the test program from HP.
Allen Shepherd
Occasional Advisor

Hold power button until the little blue light that is beside the card reader goes out. That will get you restarting and will work itself out and go away once all updated.

Maybe swap DVD drives to install Vista (use YouCam for webcam and QuickPlay for remote control to work)Hope this helps...

This worked for me, I had black screen, continuous restarting, no bios, etc...

DV6000
Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit
(was XP Media Center Edition)