New Discussion юеВ

RE:PSP for lucid lynx??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

RE:PSP for lucid lynx??

Hi,

anyone have any pointers to get the current PSP for ubuntu to run for lucid lynx? At the moment it looks like there is only support for Jaunty 9.04.

I'm trying to install on a BL460c G6 with no internet connection, so I cant get any of the dependencies that apt-get is complaining about, and setting up a local repo doesnt seem to be working as it should.

I've also tried using dpkg -i *.deb files for the hp-health Packages.gz, but again this failes even if you do a force, as there arent the pre-requisite files available.

any ideas anyone?

thanks

Matt
4 REPLIES 4
J. Maestre
Honored Contributor

Re: RE:PSP for lucid lynx??

You can use synaptic to check the packages listed as dependencies, and then generate a package download script (file menu).

Run this script on other box with internet connection to get all the required packages and their respective dependencies downloaded, and install them on ubuntu.
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

Hi,

appreciate the reply. Question I'm really asking though is whether there is a timeline for the release of a PSP for lucid lynx.

secondly is there a way to approach 'fixing' this using the Jaunty PSP on lucid lynx, without needing to have internet connection or another machine to do package diffs on?

thanks
Bryan Gartner
Valued Contributor
Solution

Sorry for the tardy reply, but as of the beginning of August there is a PSP for Lucid (10.04). It is available from both the ProLiant support pages and from the Software Delivery Repository ( http://downloads.linux.hp.com/SDR)
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

brill, thanks will give it a go ;-)

regards

Matt