Comware Based
1753862 Members
7512 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SFP RJ45 module for HP A5500-EI (JD375A)

SOLVED
Go to solution
redfish
Occasional Contributor

SFP RJ45 module for HP A5500-EI (JD375A)

Hello,

We are looking for a RJ45 SFP module compatible with our HP 5500EI-48G switches, I found the "HP X121 1G SFP RJ45 J8177C" or the "HP ProCurve J8177B/J8177C" but could not find any 5500 switch in the compatibility list.

How can I make sure one of theses SFP is compatible, or find a compatible one ?

I tried with another SFP that was successfully transmitting but displayed an alert in the log :

"This is not a supported transceiver for this platform. HP does not guarantee the normal operation or maintenance of unsupported transceivers. Please review the platform datasheet on the HP web site or contact your HP sales rep for a list of supported transceivers."

Thank you

Patrick

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelM55
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: SFP RJ45 module for HP A5500-EI (JD375A)

@redfish wrote:

"This is not a supported transceiver for this platform. HP does not guarantee the normal operation or maintenance of unsupported transceivers. Please review the platform datasheet on the HP web site or contact your HP sales rep for a list of supported transceivers."

The good thing about current Comware OS, which is found on HP A5500-EI. is: it will only warn you about a Non-"HP/H3C" coded SFP module, but if will normally work. But there┬┤s no warranty nor support by HP.

redfish
Occasional Contributor

Re: SFP RJ45 module for HP A5500-EI (JD375A)

OK,

Then any HP SFP will work ?

I 'll try.

Thks

Patrick