Comware Based
1748204 Members
3925 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where to download current BOOTROM - not on HP on H3C site, only firmware/OS available

SOLVED
Go to solution
victorgh
Occasional Contributor

Where to download current BOOTROM - not on HP on H3C site, only firmware/OS available

I'm new to the HP switching line (been a Cisco/Brocade/Avaya/Juniper net admin for years).

I've got an A5800-48G-PoE+ running 5.20 1805P02 on bootrom 215

I need to upgrade it to 5.20 1808P11.

According to the release notes for 1808P11, I need to upgrade to bootrom 220.

I cannot find bootroms for this switch on either HP's or H3C's site. I have gone to the usual software download URLs on both sites and the ONLY thing offered is the firmware.

Could someone tell me where to get the bootrom or, if it's actually included in the firmware file, what's the command to upgrade the switch from the CLI so that it applies the current bootrom then the OS image?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Fredrik L├╢nnman
Honored Contributor

Re: Where to download current BOOTROM - not on HP on H3C site, only firmware/OS available

otoh its been in the main firmware file for some time now. The pdf attached with the firmware download will tell you how to update.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

victorgh
Occasional Contributor

Fredrik,

Thanks. I've read the release notes and it still separates upgrading the boot rom from the OS image (page 83).

bootrom update file update.bin slot 1

boot-loader file update.bin slot 1 main

Is "update.bin" supposed to be "A5800_5820X-CMW520-R1808P11.bin" and does it get called twice?

Fredrik L├╢nnman
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes both commands uses the same .bin file since its got integrated bootrom. Change "update.bin" to the real file name and you're good to go.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

victorgh
Occasional Contributor

Indeed it was. Finally had access to one I could afford to brick and it worked fine. Ran against my production switch and it booted fine. Checking now to see if it fixed my problems and it looks like it fixed one of them. Excellent.

Thanks for your help!