108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Enabling Radius Auth

SOLVED
Go to solution
mnicholls
Occasional Advisor

Enabling Radius Auth

Hi, I have a hp870 with about 70 527 ww aps.   There is a wireless service that has no encryption or authentication.  It works.   The gateway is seen and the internet can be accessed.

If I enable a similar wireless service but configured with a windows radius server with the necessary WPA2, sha1, AES enabled - then it authenticates, receives a DHCP address, the DNS is resolved but cannot be pinged as the gateway of the smoothwall webfilter becomes inaccessible. I can ping other devices on the local network but for some reason that address cannot be accessed.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
mnicholls
Occasional Advisor

Re: Enabling Radius Auth

if it helps, if you reset the router and connect through the radius setup, it will work, but only for the first connection for the first user.  Anyone else cannot get the gateway.

It seems to be allowing the first connection through only.  But I understand that userlogin-secure-ext should let mulitple users on.

mnicholls
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Enabling Radius Auth

When you create the service, don't enable mac-vlan and select local forwarding.  I believe it tries to direct authentication traffic to a vlan.  If there are none specified.  It won't work.

Removing local forwarding and turning off mac vlan fixed it...