6208 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 830 - IP reservation for APs

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

HP 830 - IP reservation for APs

Hello,

We need try configure IP DHCP and MAC addresses binding for APs - for their monitoring purpose. Two DCHP pool are configured now on the controllers - in the 50/50 fashion for redundancy. Both DHCP pools on the controllers are in the same vlan for AP Management.

Our case is to have fixed (but DHCP-offered) IPs for our Access Points. There is a feature called DHC-snooping avaiable on the HP 830 controllers, but not sure if we can use it for this case.

We have version 5.20.109, Release 3507P41 of the HP 830 controllers and 425-WW, MSM430-WW.

Any help appreciated :-)

Michal

2 REPLIES 2
Transport
Advisor

Re: HP 830 - IP reservation for APs

I'm going to continue with the part for monitoring the AP's.

I had the same issue a couple of months ago. The only monitoring we could do with the AP's is to ping them IF they have a static IP. When an AP is controlled, nothing much you can do with them.

To really monitor their operation you should focus on getting that information out of the controller instead of each separate AP.
Because of that, I was forced to script (some Powershell) to read out the controller with SNMP and parse that data.

Luckily I only had to see if the AP's was 'running' or 'idle". Other Statistics aren't important to me.

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

Re: HP 830 - IP reservation for APs

Hi,

Do you think correct MIBs for HP 830 controller should help to get some SNMP traps - especially for AP current status? I think 'running' or 'idle" state are fine.

We have IMC 5.2 as the monitoring application.

Thx

Michal