Comware Wireless / Unified Series
1754066 Members
3104 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

How to access the HP 527 Dual Radio Walljack and configure it without Controller

lars_nielsen
Occasional Visitor

How to access the HP 527 Dual Radio Walljack and configure it without Controller

Hi,

Are there any chances in using the HP 527 (JH049A) as a "standalone" AP ? Tried to access the device with http, and could not connect.

Telnet went a litte better - But now it's asking about password. Any ida what thas is ?

Thanks for any input.

kind regards,

lars Nielsen

7 REPLIES 7
Leo3
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to access the HP 527 Dual Radio Walljack and configure it without Controller

Hello, I have the same problem. Have you found a solution in the meantime?

RamKrish
Valued Contributor

Re: How to access the HP 527 Dual Radio Walljack and configure it without Controller

Hi

HP527 do not support Standalone Mode.  Its only meant for Controlled mode.

Regards
Ram
Leo3
Occasional Advisor

I understand it cannot work without a controller, but I bought a HP 830 (which should be  compatible with the HP527) and can't discover why my AP cannot be found by the controller. When I take a look at the AP list (preconfigured in the HP 830, the list does not contain a HP 527). Therefore I thought I needed to access the HP 527 to modify some parameters to make it discoverable to the HP 830. Any ideas? Thanks again

RamKrish
Valued Contributor

Hi

Your HP830 controller running the latest code (P41) or at least version P34 or above.

Refer to HP My Networking portal to download the software.

https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG640A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId=

Regards
Ram
Leo3
Occasional Advisor

Dear Sir, I performed an upgrade to version P41. Since the upgrade I'm not able to access the web interface anymore. The only page which is being displayed shows 2 brackets {} ...

As I'm not really a CLI-wizard. Could you please tell me if if i can downgrade to an earlier version or how I can fix the HTTP login?

RamKrish
Valued Contributor

Hi

Try clearning your browser cache or may be try with another browser from another PC.

There shouldnt be any web management issues, must be something cached in the browser that could be causing the problem.

Regards
Ram
Leo3
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I tried to clean the cache from my browser. (As well as for IE and Firefox). Still, none of those 2 work. Seems I don't have this issue with Chrome ... 

Nevertheless I want to thank you for your time and help!!!