Data Protector Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dont execute the patch 8.11 in windows

Occasional Contributor

Dont execute the patch 8.11 in windows

When I run the 8.11 in windows cell manager, the patch starts to copy the files, then the MS-DOS screen will then display the execution and closes and patch doesn´t finish successfully

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Re: Dont execute the patch 8.11 in windows

Hi,

you made sure you started the patch bundle using "Run as Administrator"? I found that this might not be relevant on some installations, but is crucial on others. Something to do with policies. When you reach the cmd part, it's unlikely the InstallShield crashing. Space in your user's local profile is plenty? The IS wrapper extracts everything there, then calls the actual installer through a .bat (which runs from the cmd you see).

HTH,

Andre.

Advisor

Hi,

I have the exact same problem on 2 different servers (windows 2008 R2), even when we run as administrator.  It executes than as soon as the cli windows appears it closes and nothing get updated.  I have installed the 8.01 patch without any issue on both but 8.11 doesn't.

Advisor

Hi,

my mistake, just in case it happen to someone else, the patch 8.11 DOES NOT APPLY to DP 8.0, we first have to upgrade to 8.10 and then apply the patch, as a mather of fact patch 8.12 came out this week.

Thanks.