Search instead for 
Do you mean 

B6965BA - Online Extensions

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

B6965BA - Online Extensions

Hello Guru's

I have 23 licenses for online extensions. (For SQL,Exchange & Oracle backups) when I run the check_license command it tells me I require more. Is there a way of finding out which clients have the 23 licenses (agents) other than selecting each client in the client list? A report perhaps??

Also, 16 of these clients are VM's and reading the DP Quick Spec's (version 49) it implies that I should have a LTU for each of the "physical" hosts in the Hyper-V cluster? As there are 2 hosts in the cluster would that mean for an SQL VM on a Hyper-V cluster with 2 physical hosts, I would need to use 3 LTU Online-extension licenses??

Any clarification would be great.

Many thanks.

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
HPE Expert

Re: B6965BA - Online Extensions

You can try running

omnirpt -report cell_info -log [path to destination file]   Do not include the [   ] marks

but, I just ran it on a test system, and it did not return very much detail.  So, you will probably have to check the cell_info file physically

Windows

Program Data -> Omniback -> Config -> Server -> Cell -> cell_info

UNIX

/etc/opt/omni/server/cell/cell_info

Each line, in addition to the hostname and OS-type contains components installed on that server.  the components

DA

MA

CC

do not require additional licensing. Components such as

msmsq

msese

e2010

oracle

sybase

db2

are Application integration component6s (this is not the entire list, just a sampling).  They each require an ONLine Extension license PER SERVER.  So, if you have more than one integration istalled on a single server, then you need one OnLine Extension license

Hyper-V uses 'vepa_bar.exe' so this is considered to be an Application Integration and requires an ONLine extension license

DP License checking, which runs before any backup, will look at the cell_info file, count how may servers have Application Integration components installed, distribute the license from the top of the file.  So, it may be that you can backup an Exchange server, it it is near the top of the cell_info file, but, if you tried to do a SQL backup near teh bottom of the list, you would get an error about licensing

DP bases its licensing check on what is in the cell_info file on the cell manager system.  If the report above does not help,

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

To see all the configured clients in the cell and components installed in each of them:
omnicellinfo -cell

To see the licenses:
omnicc | more

2. I am little confused with second part - My thoughts:

If you mean - for backing up SQL database resides on VM, then

Each SQL VM requires one online extension license.

Otherwise

- for backing up an SQL VM which resides on a HyperV cluster:

If your Microsoft Hyper-V systems are configured in a cluster, you need to import all cluster nodes and the virtual server as Hyper-V clients.

SQL VM does not require any licenses as you are not going to install any DP components over there.

-------------------------------

{Cheers by Kudos++}
HPE Expert

You can try running

omnirpt -report cell_info -log [path to destination file]   Do not include the [   ] marks

but, I just ran it on a test system, and it did not return very much detail.  So, you will probably have to check the cell_info file physically

Windows

Program Data -> Omniback -> Config -> Server -> Cell -> cell_info

UNIX

/etc/opt/omni/server/cell/cell_info

Each line, in addition to the hostname and OS-type contains components installed on that server.  the components

DA

MA

CC

do not require additional licensing. Components such as

msmsq

msese

e2010

oracle

sybase

db2

are Application integration component6s (this is not the entire list, just a sampling).  They each require an ONLine Extension license PER SERVER.  So, if you have more than one integration istalled on a single server, then you need one OnLine Extension license

Hyper-V uses 'vepa_bar.exe' so this is considered to be an Application Integration and requires an ONLine extension license

DP License checking, which runs before any backup, will look at the cell_info file, count how may servers have Application Integration components installed, distribute the license from the top of the file.  So, it may be that you can backup an Exchange server, it it is near the top of the cell_info file, but, if you tried to do a SQL backup near teh bottom of the list, you would get an error about licensing

DP bases its licensing check on what is in the cell_info file on the cell manager system.  If the report above does not help,

Frequent Advisor

Thanks Bob.

That has given me more of the information I require, using the cell_info file and looking for those application integration components. I didn't know that the vepa component also required a license.  Are there any others i should be looking for? You mentioned that the list was an example and not the complete list? I have looked for the following components: -

mssql

msese

e2010

oracle8

sybase

db2

msmsq

vepa

Thanks for all your help.

Adam

HPE Expert

I think that I would need to see a copy of your cell_info file, as well as the output from

omnicc -check_licenses -detail

If you do not want to expose this to the entire Forum community, you can send me an e-mail

r.clark@hp.com

Frequent Advisor

Hi Bob

I have sent you an email on this matter.

Many thanks

Adam