Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how can i schedule a backup verify in Omniback II 3.1

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Occasional Advisor

how can i schedule a backup verify in Omniback II 3.1

I`m working with Omniback II v3.1 but i cat schedule a tape verify, i just cat make it manual, also, how can i know if the data in the tape is consistent after a backup.
Please if some body can help me i will apreciate very much.

thanks.
Is the world a better place to live thet the internet?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Re: how can i schedule a backup verify in Omniback II 3.1

If the backup is run with the -crc option, omnimver can be used to verify the contents of the medium. It can be scheduled via cron or even possibly as a post exec.

man omnimver
omnimver -help

Brian
<*(((>< er
Perception IS Reality
2 REPLIES
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

If the backup is run with the -crc option, omnimver can be used to verify the contents of the medium. It can be scheduled via cron or even possibly as a post exec.

man omnimver
omnimver -help

Brian
<*(((>< er
Perception IS Reality
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor Frequent Advisor

Another way to verify the consistency of the data written to your backup tape is to do a restore. I have a critical database which gets restored to another disk area by a script called by the backups post_exec. The script uses the omnir command and reads from the tapes where the backup was recently written. It then starts up a new instance of the database and then connects to it. It all works quite well. I can't think of a better way to do an automatic verification. I would guess that it probably takes about the same amount of time as running an omnimver verification. A disadvantage is that it requires alot of extra disk space for the restored copy of the data.