New Discussion юеВ

Re: Increase the Logical volume - root

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Hello,
Basically, I believed that the / root filesystem cannot be increase on the fly. The only way to resize is to do a make_tape_recovery backup and resize it from there. Is the safe way. The backup will take approximately 30 mins and restore will take 45mins But, before you do that, I would advice you to check if your root disk have anymore space available to resize.

Regards
Vincent
nothing is better than to know more
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

The problem I see with a lot of the recommendations -- cleaning log files, running the 'cleanup' command, etc. -- is that none of this write to the '/' filesystem itself. Most of the recommendations would only affect other mountpoints, most only /var.

The one thing you should check is the /dev directory. Do this:

# cd /dev
# find . -type f -exec ls -ld {} \+

Now, if anything shows up here, it could very well be a problem. There should be no regular files in the /dev directory. All files here should be block or character files.
HP-UX Increasing the ro
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for all.. atlast the problem is solved.. without reboot.. just i swapped some files to other directory.. Thanks for such a help and suggestion given to me..

And more over.. I'm not H-PUX arun.. just Arun :)

Thanks you.. wish you all good luck..
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>just i swapped some files to other directory..

What files? I hope they weren't critical?
Jov
Honored Contributor

Core dumps have a habit of filling up '/'.

As for the clean up suggestions not help recoverying some space on '/', well that depends on how the filesystems are setup.

Jov