New Discussion юеВ

Install 10.2.0.1 on 11.31

Kgokane
Occasional Contributor

Install 10.2.0.1 on 11.31

I am getting " ./runInstaller -jreLoc /opt/java1.4/jre/bin
Starting Oracle Universal Installer...

Checking installer requirements...

Checking operating system version: must be B.11.23, B.11.11 or B.11.31. Actual B.11.31
Passed

All installer requirements met.

Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2008-06-17_03-23-08PM. Please wait ...
Error in writing to directory /tmp/OraInstall2008-06-17_03-23-08PM. Please ensure that this directory is writable and has atleast 69 MB of disk space. Installation cannot continue.
: No such file or directory" When installing Oracle 10g.Is there something wrong with my JAVA installed?
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Re: Install 10.2.0.1 on 11.31

Check for free space in /tmp - at least 69 is needed:
"has atleast 69 MB of disk space"

regards,
ivan
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

try runInstaller with the -debug option.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

I also wanted to add that I had this issue before and it ended being that the installer was using the unzip version that I had installed instead of the one supplied with the installer. I can't remember the exact path, but I had to do and export of my path putting the Oracle installer bin directory first, like so:

export PATH=/tmp/Disk1/bin:$PATH

Then I ran the installer all went well.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Srimalik
Valued Contributor

Seems a space problem to me, check free space in tmp as suggested above.

Befor starting runinstaller again remove all Ora* files in /tmp
abandon all hope, ye who enter here..