108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle ORA-7445 on Itanium

SOLVED
Go to solution
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Oracle ORA-7445 on Itanium

We're moving an Oracle 10.2.0.4 database to Itanium, and all is great except for occasional ORA-7445 errors, which from what I read is probably memory pointer errors. Just so that I've covered my bases, has any experienced this in the move from PARISC and into Itanium, and then had to put in an HPUX patch specifically for this issue?

I'm just thinking I'm probably not the first one to see this, and while we've got Oracle suggesting stuff (and not yet resolving it), I'm wondering if anyone moving from PARisc to Itanium has experienced this already, and wouldn't mind parting with some advice.

Many thanks!
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
4 REPLIES 4
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle ORA-7445 on Itanium

Another data point I left out. Going from HPUX 11.11 PARisc to HPUX 11.3.x on Itanium using Rx6600s BL890s some using virtual server OS, and some not.
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi TwoProc,

What is the first argument after the 7445 error?

Eric
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Eric, in between posting this question and your response, and me reading it - I've lost the error code, and while I could go to Metalink and review - it seems to have dissapeared from our newest converted databases. It appeared only in our first technical stack conversion to HPUX 11.3, and that version, well, let's just say we made a lot of mud in that water while getting the first round of that database converted. Once all issues were isolated, cornered and scripted past these issues, the second and third conversions were much cleaner (like they are supposed to be), and this error isn't there.

So, I always appreciate your advice, and thanks for the attempt at helping me, but this has somehow resolved itself - probably in the tech stack cleanup.

Thank You!
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Problem has evaporated through better application of required conversion patches, in the proper order.