3267 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID 24584 Source Cissesrv

dirkdigs
Occasional Contributor

Event ID 24584 Source Cissesrv

Hey guys i have received two of these alerts in the windows event logs

"Too many runtime ECC errors have been received from the array controller P400 located in server slot 1. The controller has restarted without utilizing its DIMM."

When I run the array
11 REPLIES 11
dirkdigs
Occasional Contributor

sorry when i run the adu all looks ok and i dont see any errors when i open the hp systems management homepage
hungry
Frequent Advisor

it might be a problem related to the cache, but then the ADU should be able to detect that.

if i were you i would raise a support ticket at HP
You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period. - Pursuit of Happyness
Rubeck

I see the exact same issue on a new DL385G7 with an P410i controller.
Server has been fully firmware updated using the Smartupdate 9.10. Server is installed with 2008 R2 Ent. using SmartStart 8.5..

/Rubeck
George Zapherson_1

I just setup a new Proliant DL385 G7 server and am also getting the same erros in the System Log for my Windows 2008 R2 server. I also had an unexpected server reboot, but don't know if it is related yet. Did anyone get anything back from HP on this.
Rubeck

Replacing the P410i controller cache module seems to have done the trick in my case.
No ECC errors have been logged since replacing..

/Rubeck

George Zapherson_1

I am working with HP and they are leaning towards doing the same. Thanks for the reply.
OldAndInTheWay

I was in a chat with HP support yesterday about this same error on my DL385 G7 with the 410. The errors show up in the event log, but do not show up in any other either of the diagnostic dumps that the support person had me do.  Throwing up hands (I suspect) he suggested I update the system BIOS and the RAID firmware, which I did, and I am still getting errors.  

I'll have to contact them again... We'll see what's next.

Dave

shrikantsa
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Please provide me the needful regarding the event 24584 ASAP.

Tony Mark
Occasional Contributor

OldAndInTheWay :

How about the update by HP ? i replaced the cache still show this warning.