3704 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Soft Diags error on EVA8K

sgsteyn
Occasional Contributor

Soft Diags error on EVA8K

Hi,
I am recieving an error on a EVA8K, the EVA was working fine unitl the customer moved the rack around and after that it comes up with a Soft Diagnostic Error and nothing else. If you remove one of the Fibre cables and plug it back in the error goes away for about 5min and then comes straight back again. We have replaced the controller twice now aswell as the GBIC (on controller and switch) and cable on FP4 as we recieved alot of TX errors on the switch side. The errors on the switch seems fixed but not the Soft Diags. Only error that I can find is : Test Element: 13.; Test number: 1.; Duplicate error count: 1.; Error code: 0D010500; Address of error: 0000005F; Expected data: 000000CF; Actual data: 00000057; Controller uptime of failure: 1130764.; DIMM size: 2048 MB.
The EVA seems to be working fine but I really need to fix the error. Any help will be much apreciated. I attached the logs for any one to view. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Soft Diags error on EVA8K

Hello , I have the same error on 1 controller eva8k the last weekend I changed a controller but the message "soft diagnostic error" did not dissapear from the controller. Can you tell how you solved the problem?

TKS A LOT MAX
sgsteyn
Occasional Contributor

Re: Soft Diags error on EVA8K

In my case it turned out to be a Copper Fibre cable running to one of the Loop Swithhes. It was identified by the Test Element number in the error string in my post. My Test Element was 13 wich on the HSV210 controller is the DP1A port. If you have a test element number you can give me and what controller is is, I can check on it for you.