Disk Enclosures
1748151 Members
3620 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to expand sata raid5 on hp 6 port controller.

Mattias Fransson
Occasional Advisor

Unable to expand sata raid5 on hp 6 port controller.

I have composed a little slideshow showing what I do and what the system replies.

Please have a look, any suggestions on what to do are extremely welcome.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Mattias,

I'm curious which server is this? If it's an ML110 G2 server then you can have only 2 options as below for internal storage:

SATA (hot plug): 1TB (4 x 250-GB - internal drive bays and removable media bays)
SATA (non-hot plug ): 320-GB (4 x 80-GB)

That is the limitation. May be this is the problem here.

Let us know what server it is to further diagnose.

Regards.
Mattias Fransson
Occasional Advisor

It is an ML150 G2, and the problem occurs just the same even if I only try to add one disk to the array, so I don't think that's the issue. But thanks for a good suggestion!

Hi Mattias,

For ML150G2 the storage capacity is:

(hot plug SATA Models) 1.5 TB (6 X 250GB 1" SATA drives) with optional 6 Port SATA RAID Controller or 1 TB (4 x 250 GB 1" SATA drives) with standard controller

This should work, however have you tried doing via the BIOS utility of this controller. You can access it at POST by pressing CTRL+A. There might be some issue with the Storage Manager Utility.
Mattias Fransson
Occasional Advisor

I'll give it a shot the next time I have physical access to the machine, as it is now I can only access it remotely.

Thank you!

Any more suggestion on how to get it going under the os would be greatly appreciated.
Prabhulj
Valued Contributor

Hi Mattias,

I was justlooking through few Articles on adaptec. Not sure if this would be applicable to your scenario though the Adaptec A2610SA is not listed.

Try adding only one drive to the array and expand.

Check this link:
http://adaptec-tic.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/adaptec_tic.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=RVlekdBi&p_lva=&p_li=&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=&p_prods=0&p_cats=0&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=0&cat_lvl1=0&p_search_text=+logical+drive+reconfiguration&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl

Hope this gives you some pointer's
Good Luck

Regards,
Prabhu
Mattias Fransson
Occasional Advisor

Thanks! Good article.

I have already tried adding only the one disk, same error. =/

I'm very happy to receive all theese good suggestions! Thanks!