Disk Enclosures
1751695 Members
4781 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Where to get the MSA2000 MIB (an answer, not a question)

exrational
Occasional Advisor

Where to get the MSA2000 MIB (an answer, not a question)

Like many people I got frustrated trying to track down a MIB for the MSA2000-series hardware. I ended up finding it through a sort of roundabout method that you too can employ:

1 - Download the Ops Manager 2007 Management pack for HP StorageWorks devices from http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/SCOM_managementpack.html - you do not need to have Ops Manager to perform these steps.
2 - In Windows Explorer, go to %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\wbem\snmp\ - leave this window open and alone for now.
3 - In another Windows Explorer window, unpack the file you downloaded and run setup.exe. After clicking Next twice, you should receive an error that a script could not be run. DO NOT CLICK OK TO THE MESSAGE YET!
4 - In the original Windows Explorer window, you should notice 15 new files in the SNMP folder - including one called msa2000traps.mib. Copy the new files (but particularly the MSA2000 MIB) somewhere else.
5 - Click OK to the message in the management pack installer. The 15 files will disappear from the SNMP folder and the installer will exit.

I guess it's possible that the problem which prevents the script from running on my machine will not occur on others, and the management pack will install successfully. If so, step 5 would be to uninstall the management pack.

Hey, HP - this hardware has been out for awhile now. How about posting the MIB somewhere that it can be easily downloaded?
2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Where to get the MSA2000 MIB (an answer, not a question)

Here is another source:

- Insight Management MIB update kit for HP Systems Insight Manager for Windows V8.01 (3 Apr 2008)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-36ac981a5a4a4a349b41f4669eтМй=en&cc=us&mode=3&
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Re: Where to get the MSA2000 MIB (an answer, not a question)

How do we know which file is the correct MIB??