4972 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Procedure to change the external network connections of HP StoreOnce B6200

mvshr
Occasional Contributor

Procedure to change the external network connections of HP StoreOnce B6200

Hello Team,

One of my customers is having a HP StoreOnce B6200 array with two couplets configured in VTL mode with HP Data Protector Backup software. We have used Network Template 2 with 1 Gbps network for configuring the couplets. Now customer is planning to replace current network switches with new network switches, as current network switches will be decommissioned. But, there will not be any change in the IP addresses.

Please let me know:

1.      Can we change the network cables on the fly, replacing the cables for one node / couplet at a time or do we need to shut down the array to replace the cables?

2.      If the cables can be replaced on the fly, can we have the backups running during that time, or do we need to stop the backups?

3.      Please share any document / procedure related to changing the network cabling of B6200.

Thanks,

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage > Automated Backup to Virtual Tape Solutions - HP Forums moderator

1 REPLY 1
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Re: Procedure to change the external network connections of HP StoreOnce B6200

Hi, Its long time now. How was it upgraded?

Please share if you faced any issue or do you want to share any tips with community

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">