3928 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

ESXI can't recognize network card on dl 380p g8

ahautomation
Occasional Collector

ESXI can't recognize network card on dl 380p g8

Good Morning,

We have a new server, an DL 380p G8 server with an Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 331FLR Adapter.

When trying to install vmware esxi 5 on this server, we get the following message:

No network adapters were detected. Either no network adapters are physically connected to the system, or a suitable driver could not be located. A third party driver may be required.

And it will ask for a reboot of the server.

We have already checked and both the server and Ethernet adapter are compatible with esxi. and The adapters are enabled etc.

We are currently hitting a wall, did anyone else experience something similar, or know what the solution could be.

8 REPLIES 8
e34m20

Re: ESXI can't recognize network card on dl 380p g8

That's funny, I had the same issue yesterday on some fresh out of the box DL360 G8s.

The 331FLR aka NC522m is actually a Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5719 card.

Even if you inserted an alternate NIC to satisfy the installation requirements, you would then find that the storage controller is also not found by the default ESXi 5 media.

I fixed both of these problems by using the ESXi 5 driver rollup installer, which includes all of vmware's third party partner drivers. Worked perfectly.

Here's where I got it:

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_vsphere_hypervisor_esxi/5_0#drivers_tools

If the link wont work, you'll just have go to the downloads for esxi5 then use the "drivers&tools" tab, expand "other" and there's what you need "vSphere Hypervisor ESXi 5.0 Driver Rollup 2"

jmontgomerie
Occasional Visitor

HP has specific install disc images for ESXi -

this one worked for my DL360 G8: 

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPVM09

I got there from this compatibility matrix:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/vmware/supportmatrix/hpvmware.html#matrix

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,

both methods are OK, I personally prefer using HP customized ESXi iso image - very confortable.

Jan

SanLuis
Visitor

Yes, it works fine. Thank you.

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Kudos welcomed.. :)
AliSadin

Hi guys

I have this problem too

can you help m?pleas

i can not solve my problem with your solution

I don't know what I do

Pleas Help

Than you all

jyteyddytkj
Occasional Visitor

I try install redhat 5.5 on dl 380 p G8  but after installed , os can not detected my NIC ,

now please help me

Mohamed_MK14

are you can upload the links below again please ? 

i have the same issue and i dont know what i do